Sunday 19 June 2011

Fathers Day

Good evening lovely people,
I am so sorry for the massive gap in blogging, I WILL fill you in - I have been mad busy with the new shop.... good news, but have hardly touched the lappage!
Enough for now, will be back tomorrow, just time to add a little verse I have just penned, sort of sums things up.

Its Fathers day today, that man we hold so dear
And i’m sending out my loving thoughts to dads no longer here
The dad who takes you fishing, or fiddling in the shed
The dad who tells you off then tucks you up in bed
The dad that watches world of sport and grumbles at your mother
The dad who hogs the remote control, there really is no other
The dad who works so hard to ensure you have the best
The dad who does overtime and is always last to rest
The dad who goes before his time and leaves a massive hole
The dad who you feel still around – he fills your heart and soul
So if your dad is still in the world, give him a big hug from me
Happy Fathers day to all the dads, I miss mine you see.

Love to you all
Sue xx

1 comment:

  1. A lovely poem, Sue.
    I couldn't give my Dad a hug yesterday because he lives in Coventry, and I live in Canada, but we did have a chat on the phone.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete